Caroline Economic Development Corporation
Caroline County, Maryland
In addition to the Tourism Program, the Development Corporation undertook a Heritage Development Program for Caroline County as a pilot project in 2007.
- Tourism Development is the use of the history of Caroline County and preserved assets for economic benefit achieved by attracting visitors.
- Heritage Development is the discovery of the history of Caroline County as well as the preservation of the items, structures, and landscapes, which relate to that history.
Heritage Development and Tourism Development have a close and cooperative relationship. However, they both have distinct roles: heritage development sets the stage, and tourism development brings the spectators!
- The Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway which runs throughout Caroline County
- Linchester Mill in Preston
- The Railroad Interpretive Park in Ridgely
- The Indian Interpretive Center in Greensboro.